If you haven't created an account or have not downloaded the StormX Chrome button do that first by following the steps here.
Once your account is created you'll land on the staking app at https://staking.stormx.io.
1. If you haven't bought STMX tokens yet you can do so by clicking on "Buy STMX" in the top right and sending them to your wallet. (If you prefer a different exchange other than MoonPay then visit stormx.io/token to find more of our partners).
2. Click on the "Max" button or type in the number of tokens you'd like to stake.
3. Click on the "Stake" button.
4. Confirm and then sign your transaction. This steps costs a small amount of ETH also known as gas to execute the staking contract. This is required by the blockchain and is out of our control. To learn more about gas click here.
5. The blockchain will take some time to execute your staking transaction. If you click on the history in your MetaMask browser wallet you'll be able to follow along. We recommend you pay an average gas price. Low gas prices can sometimes take hours or cause your transaction to become stuck.
6. Once your transaction is mined on the blockchain you'll get a success popup and you are now staking!!
When do I get rewarded?
You'll receive your staking rewards weekly in your StormX account. To re-stake those tokens you'll need to withdraw to your already connected wallet and stake the newly earned tokens.
The following is a list of definitions for the different charts:
- Rewards Members - cumulative number of users who have connected a wallet to StormX.
- Total Value Locked - total number of STMX tokens and the $USD value that is locked in the staking contract and earning staking rewards.
- Estimated Staking Yield (p.a.) - the estimated percentage bonus you will receive when staking STMX tokens. This rate can change weekly or daily and is non-compounding.
- Leaderboard - List of users staking STMX tokens ordered by the number of tokens they are staking.
- Staking Interface - The user interface that allows you to enter in the number of tokens you wish to stake. Staking requires a gas fee.
- Calculator - Calculator used to estimate your staking bonus based on how long you stake for and how many tokens you stake.